Thursday, May 12, 2016

How to Find an Estate Planning Attorney

My elderly aunt has no immediate family left. She was married to my uncle for many years, but they never had any children. She is an only child, so there are no siblings that she can turn to for support. 

In addition, because she is actually my great-aunt, all of my uncle's siblings have passed on as well. My uncle had a very good job, so my aunt had a sizable amount of money left to her when he died. As a result of all these factors, I decided to help her find an estate planning attorney Austin.

I had never done this before. I talked to my friends and acquaintances, but because we are all relatively young (and relatively poor), I did not get any referrals that way. My sister, however, has a estate planning attorney and he was able to give us some names.

My accountant also had a referral to give me. I took those names and then searched online, evaluating websites and information that was available to me. Customer testimonials helped a great deal. I was able to find someone I liked and I then set up an appointment to take my aunt in to meet the estate planning attorney.

No comments:

Post a Comment